Spinach, Chicken, and Wild Rice Soup
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- cal.(kcal): 216
- Fat, total(g): 4
- chol.(mg): 64
- sat. fat(g): 1
- carb.(g): 19
- fiber(g): 2
- pro.(g): 26
- sodium(mg): 397
- Vegetables(d.e): 1
- Starch(d.e): 1
- Very Lean Meat(d.e): 3
- Fat(d.e): 1
- 3 cups water
- 1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 3/4ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine the water, broth, cream of chicken soup, uncooked wild rice, thyme, and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
3. To serve, stir in chicken and spinach. Makes 6 (1-1/2-cup) servings.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)