Spicy Overripe Roasted Salsa
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4cup each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
overripe roma tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
of a large
white onion, halved
overripe fresh jalapeno chile peppers
cloves unpeeled garlic
Nonstick cooking spray
fresh cilantro stems and leaves
red wine vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange the first four ingredients (through garlic) in prepared pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 12 to 15 minutes or until charred, turning once. Cool slightly. Remove stems from jalapeno peppers (for a milder salsa, halve peppers, then remove and discard seeds) and peel garlic.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a food processor. Cover and process 15 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and process 15 seconds more or until salsa reaches desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 20 cal., 149 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (1 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 1 g pro.