Spinach-Feta Rice Salad with Chicken Sausage
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2 cups per serving
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 35
fully cooked roasted garlic or roasted pepper-asiago chicken sausages
uncooked brown rice
fresh spinach, sliced
red sweet pepper, chopped
Garlic-Herb Vinaigrette (see recipe, below)
crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise. Thinly slice sausage halves crosswise. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting any added salt and adding the sausage during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Let rice cool about 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cucumber, and pepper. Drizzle with Garlic-Herb Vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide salad among four serving plates. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/2
white wine vinegar
coarse ground mustard
- In a screw-top jar combine parsley, lemon juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. Cover and shake well to combine.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 357 cal., 15 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 70 mg chol., 596 mg sodium, 35 g carb. (3 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 20 g pro.