Tropical Coconut Custard
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 custard each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
canned unsweetened light coconut milk
refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
small starfruit, cut into 6 thin slices (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl whisk together the first five ingredients (through salt). In a small heavy saucepan combine coconut milks. Heat over medium heat just until bubbly. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk the hot coconut milk into egg mixture.
- Place six 6-ounce shallow ramekins or 6-ounce custard cups in a shallow baking pan. Pour coconut milk mixture into ramekins. Place pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into pan until halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Carefully remove ramekins from water. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cover ramekins and chill 1 to 8 hours. Before serving, let chilled custard stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Top each custard with a starfruit slice.
- *Sugar Substitute: We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 166 cal., 8 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 184 mg chol., 72 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (19 g sugars), 3 g pro.