- Makes: 8 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 28
cooked turkey breast or chicken, chopped (about 3 cups)
chopped fresh spinach
shredded pizza cheese (6 ounces)
refrigerated pizza dough (each for 1 crust)
Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
Pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, In a large bowl, combine turkey or chicken, spinach, pizza cheese, and the 1/2 cup pizza sauce. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 package of the pizza dough to a 12-inch square. Cut into four 6-inch squares.
- Place about 2/3 cup of the turkey mixture onto half of each square, spreading to within about 1/2 inch of edge. Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over, forming a triangle or rectangle. Pinch or press with a fork to seal edges. Prick tops of calzones with a fork; brush with milk. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough and turkey mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle tops of calzones with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Bake about 18 minutes or until golden. Transfer calzones to wire rack; cool. Transfer calzones to an ungreased baking sheet. Cover loosely and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable freezer bags or airtight freezer containers. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw calzones overnight in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Unwrap calzones and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake calzones, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through. If desired, serve with warmed pizza sauce. Makes 8 calzones.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 300 cal., 8 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 62 mg chol., 415 mg sodium, 28 g carb. (2 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 27 g pro.