Vanilla Bean and Blueberry Yogurt Topper
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 7
finely shredded lemon peel
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the tip of a paring knife, scrape out the tiny seeds. In a medium saucepan combine vanilla seeds and pods, sugar, and cornstarch. Stir in the water. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the blueberries. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove and discard vanilla pods. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon peel. Let cool.
- Serve over yogurt.
- *Sugar Substitute: Choose from Splenda® Sugar Blend or Equal® Sugar Lite. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
- *Sugar Substitute: Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 24 calories, 6 g carbohydrate, 4 g total sugar
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 29 cal., 1 mg sodium, 7 g carb. (1 g fiber, 6 g sugars),