Caramelized Onions and Potatoes
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 25
large sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla), thinly sliced (2 cups)
tiny new potatoes, halved
lower-sodium beef or reduced-sodium chicken broth
packed brown sugar
ground black pepper
Ground black pepper
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onions and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, broth, brown sugar, salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour mixture over onions and potatoes in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Stir gently before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, spoon some of the cooking juices over potatoes to moisten. If desired, sprinkle with additional pepper.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 131 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 133 mg sodium, 25 g carb. (3 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 3 g pro.