Cheddar and Zucchini Frittata
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4of the frittata
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 6
refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed or 4 eggs
finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
ground black pepper
zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
green onions, sliced
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, half of the parsley, the pepper, and, salt. Set aside.
- In a 9- to 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and green onions; cook 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender, stirring frequently.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges about 5 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Reduce heat as necessary to prevent overbrowning.
- Place the skillet in the oven. Bake about 5 minutes or until the frittata is firm and the top is golden. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve warm. Cut into wedges. Makes 4 (1/4 of the frittata) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 115 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 321 mg sodium, 6 g carb. (1 g fiber), 11 g pro.