- Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
young, small carrots with tops trimmed to 2 inches, peeled or scrubbed, or 3 pounds packaged peeled baby carrots
minced fresh ginger
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a 12- or 14-inch heavy skillet combine water and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling. Add carrots. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Drain carrots. Carefully turn out onto prepared baking sheet. (When green tops are left on carrots during cooking, they become very fragile. As the carrots cook, some of the tops may come off.) Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- To glaze carrots, in the same heavy skillet combine butter, honey, and ginger. Stir constantly over medium heat until butter is melted. Carefully add carrots. Toss gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are thoroughly coated with glaze and heated through completely.
- To serve, arrange carrots in a shallow bowl or on a platter; drizzle with remaining glaze from pan.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare Honey-Glazed Carrots as directed through step 1. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Bring carrots to room temperature (takes about 1 hour). Glaze carrots as directed in step 2, except heat carrots in glaze for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 10
PER SERVING: 90 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg chol., 266 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (4 g fiber), 1 g pro.