Whole Wheat Individual Pizza Crusts
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 individual crust
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 19
whole wheat flour
- In a medium bowl stir together whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour, and the salt. Gradually stir in the 6 tablespoons water to make a soft dough, adding additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary. Shape dough into a ball. Sprinkle some of the remaining 1/4 cup all-purpose flour on a work surface. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth, elastic, and slightly sticky. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into six portions. Roll each portion between the palms of your hands into a smooth ball. Press balls to flatten; lightly coat both sides with more of the remaining flour. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into 6-inch circles, using the remaining flour as necessary.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place dough circles on the rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill about 1 minute or until firm. Turn and grill about 1 minute more or until puffed. Remove from grill. Using a clean, folded kitchen towel, evenly press crusts down gently yet firmly. The crusts will deflate as you press them.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 89 cal., 49 mg sodium, 19 g carb. (2 g fiber), 3 g pro.