Zesty Fajita Bites
- Makes: 30 servings
- Serving Size: 1 fajita bite
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
Nonstick cooking spray
bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
spicy brown mustard
fajita seasoning or salt-free Fiesta Lime seasoning blend*
flour tortillas, warmed**
red, green, and/or yellow sweet pepper strips
Snipped fresh cilantro and/or sliced green onions (optional)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides. Drain off fat. Transfer chicken to a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, the water, and fajita seasoning. Pour mixture over chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Remove chicken from cooker. Discard cooking juices. Using two forks, pull chicken apart into shreds; discard bones.
- To serve, divide shredded chicken among tortillas. Top with sweet pepper strips and, if desired, cilantro, and/or green onions. Roll up tortillas. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll-up into five slices. If desired, skewer with decorative picks.
- *Tip: If using salt-free Fiesta Lime seasoning blend, add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- **Tip: To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 30
PER SERVING: 44 cal., 1 g total fat 13 mg chol., 129 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.